Top 10 Best Old Video Restoring Software 2023
With the constant development of filming technology, more and more people start to complain that some old videos are too blurry to watch. Since 4K videos have become very popular in the past 10 years, it’s impossible for people to feel comfortable while watching old films that were released 20 years ago. We believe that’s why a lot of tech companies start to focus on exploiting video enhancement technology.
It seems that restoring an old video is a tough work if you don’t use any professional video editing software or apps. We believe some professional video editors will be able to handle this tough work whereas others may not. So, in order to teach people how to restore old videos easily and quickly, we have listed the 10 best old video restoring software in 2023.
1: AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI
AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI is one of the most popular videos restoring software worldwide, unlike normal video editing software, it is based on AI and has a powerful processor that contains numerous training sets. Using AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI, you can easily restore blurry homemade videos or old films from 480p to 4K. In addition, you are not required to have any background knowledge about video editing because AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI will do everything automatically.
Video Enhancer AI
- Enhance the video quality to make them more aesthetically pleasing.
- Deblur your footage by using machine learning.
- Upscale videos from SD to HD, HD to 4K.
- Upscale low-res videos onto a larger screen.
- Trim your footage frame by frame.
How to Restore Old Videos Using AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI
Download AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI from the link given above and launch it after it has been installed on your computer.
Import the old video you want to restore from your computer, then you need to modify some critical parameters like processing model, output resolution and output path.
Before processing the old video, you can trim the unwanted part frame by frame to save processing time. In the top bar, you can trim your video to the desired length by dragging the slider. Or input the start and end of the frames to set a clipping point accurately.
After all the preparation work is done, click the ‘Start Processing’ button to restore the old video.
- • Users’ privacy security guaranteed
- • Support multiple video formats like MP4, AVI and MKV
- • User-friendly interface
- • No background knowledge about video editing needed
- • Restore old video to 4K easily
- • Available on Windows PC and Mac
- • Relatively high requirement for computer configuration
- • Only first 3 videos are free under trial version
2: Final Cut Pro
Final Cut Pro is a professional video editing application for Mac users. Unlike AI-based video enhancement software, FCP requires some basic knowledge about video editing while using it. With its powerful features, you can easily add multiple effects and sharpen the video without causing any mistakes to the video. Additionally, FCP also supports creating VR videos that bring you totally different feelings compared to normal videos. What’s more, with the built-in tools of FCP, removing background noise and optimizing sound levels become much easier than it was before.
- • Powerful editing tools including ratings, tagging, libraries, auto analysis for faces, and scenes
- • Fast delivery
- • Multicam support
- • Support for 3D footage and title
- • Support export to HEVC format
- • Only provide 299$ one-time purchase that is kind of expensive
- • Only available on Mac
- • It cannot be alignment with Adobe software
3: Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro is commonly used by professionals in the film, advertising, and marketing industries. As a professional video editing software, not only PR has some new amazing features to enhance your video’s performance but also remains the traditional nonlinear digital video editing that is liked by longtime pro video editors. In addition, unlike some traditional video editing tools, PR is very friendly to video editing beginners since it has a lot of strong built-in features. With APP, you can even edit several videos simultaneously.
- • User-friendly operating interface
- • Unlimited Multicam angles
- • Rich features as a video editing software
- • Multiple subscribe plans provided
- • Support editing different videos simultaneously
- • Low Price-to-Performance Ratio
- • It sometimes crashes for no reason
- • High system requirements for efficiency
4: Camtasia Studio
Camtasia Studio is a simple video editing software that also allows you to record your screen easily with high quality. With Camtasia Studio, you can easily add effects and lighten the color of your video in just a few clicks. It also provides all customers with a 30-days free trial without any limitations. Unfortunately, comparing to other video restoring software, Camtasia Studio is mainly used in tutorial videos industrial so it is not very efficient at restoring old videos to HD or 4K.
- • 30-days free trial without any limitations
- • Simple operating interface that is very friendly to new users
- • A lot of built-in effects in the Media, Annotations, Transitions, etc
- • Great de-noise tools to improve the video performance
- • It is not very efficient at restoring old videos
- • It crashes often with bugs reported
- • Lack rich features for pro editors to make some detailed customization
5: Filmora Video Editor
Filmora is a simple video editing software developed by Wondershare Inc., unlike other software mentioned above, it is mainly designed for amateur users instead of pro video editors. With Filmora Video Editor, you can easily restore old videos to a satisfying version by adding some amazing effects, applying color correction, and reducing noise through Filmora Video Editor. However, if you don’t want to pay for this software and would like to use the free version, it will add a Filmora watermark in the video.
- • Support many video formats
- • It’s very easy to use, most people can use it well after few hours of learning
- • A lot of presets and filters are available
- • Color grading option
- • Very friendly to beginners
- • Some editing options are too basic to improve the video
- • It has a big watermark in the video while using the free version
- • Always push their customers to buy more features
6: Ashampoo Video Optimizer
Ashampoo Video Optimizer Pro is a good choice to restore old videos for you if you don’t have too much budget for video enhancement software. You only need to pay 100$ for the lifetime license. With Ashampoo Video Optimizer, you can easily restore your old videos and improve their quality by fixing color and contrast issues. What’s more, like other video editing software, AVO also supports fixing sharpness, noise, and shake issues automatically which means you don’t need to do anything and can deal with multiple videos simultaneously.
- • Rich features to restore old videos
- • Support batch processing
- • No video editing experience is needed
- • Automatically fix lens distortion and shaky videos
- • Cannot significantly improve video quality
7: Topaz Video Enhancer AI
Topaz Video Enhancer AI is also an AI-based video enhancement software that is similar to AVCLabs Enhancer AI. It provides users with different training models which can accurately upscale and restore footage of your video. With this powerful AI product, you can easily restore old blurry videos to HD or 4K without any operation. In addition, Topaz Video Enhancer AI has a 30-days free trial for all their potential customers.
- • Powerful processors to restore old videos to HD or 4K
- • 30-days free trial
- • Multiple video formats supported
- • Available on both Windows PC and Mac
- • Long rendering time
- • High requirements for computer configuration
8: Vegas Pro
Vegas Pro is a professional video editing software that is originally developed by Sony. Like other video editing software in the market, Vegas Pro also has a lot of video editing features to enhance the performance of the video like flashy video effects, motion tracking, color grading, etc... Unfortunately, this software is too challenging and unfriendly to people who don’t have a longtime experience in video editing. Even though the current developer is trying to make some changes that may attract some new users, the result is not satisfactory.
- • Excellent and functional preview window
- • It runs very stably, fewer crashes
- • Restore videos up to 4K
- • Video rendering is a little slow
- • Don’t improve the software often
- • Multicam editing is not available
9: Pinnacle Studio Ultimate
Pinnacle Studio Ultimate is a professional-level video editing software that is aimed to attract some video editing enthusiasts. Unlike many professional-level video editing software, Pinnacle Studio Ultimate is relatively easy for new users to learn. With its powerful video enhancement features like color grading, transitions effect, motion tracking, Multicam editing, and audio optimization, you can easily restore some old videos and improve their quality in a short rendering time.
- • Easy for both beginners and pro editors to use
- • User-friendly interface
- • Numerous powerful features for restoring old videos
- • Only available on Windows PC
- • It usually crashes with the new version released
Lightworks is an excellent video editing software that is very simple to use. Unlike other video editing tools, Lightworks has a pretty easy interface that contains all the main features. Even though you don’t have a longtime video editing experience, you can also produce an amazing video through Lightworks.
- • A lot of tutorials for users to learn how to use it smoothly
- • Very easy to use
- • Short rendering time
- • Limited features to restore old videos
- • You need pay extra fee for some certain features
Both AI-based and traditional video enhancement software mentioned above have been tested effective to improve old videos quality and restore them to HD or even 4K. However, if you would like to see a significant enhancement in the improved video and have enough budget for this work, we highly recommend you to try AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI that contains numerous complicated algorithms.
Try AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI to breathe new life into your footage!
Related Articles & Tips
- • Top 10 HD Video Converters: How to Convert SD Videos to HD Quality
- • How to Convert Black and White Videos to Color Online [Fast & Free]
- • AI Video Colorizing | How to Colorize Videos with AI
- • How to Convert VHS to Digital High Quality, 4K Using AI
- • AI Face Blur | How to Blur Faces in Videos Automatically
- • AI Face Recovery | How to Restore Extremely Blurry Faces in Videos
- • How to Deinterlace Videos on Mac without Quality Loss
- • How to Sharpen A Video
- • Video Enhance AI - Improve Video Quality without Any Effort
- • AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI Review
- • How to Restore Old Home Movies to HD
- • Upscale Videos from SD to HD
- • How to Restore Old Videos Like A Pro
- • How to Easily AI Upscale Videos from 1080p to 4K
- HEVC/H.265 Converter
- H.264 Video Converter
- What is Video Codec
- Android Video Converter
- Samsung Video Converter
- Sony PS4 Video Converter
- Nokia Video Converter
- MPEG Video Converter
- Convert MP4 to MP3
- Convert MKV to MP4
- Convert M2TS to MP4
- Convert MVI to MP4
- Convert WebM to MP4
- Convert Videos to MP3
- Convert MP4 to 3GP
Enhance Video Quality
- Best 10 Video Enhancer
- Improve Video Quality
- Fix Blurry Videos
- Remove Noise from Footage
- Upscale Video from HD to 4K
- Upscale Video from 480P to 1080P
- Best AI Video Upscaling Tools
- Make a Blurry Video Clear
- Best Old Video Restorer
- How to Sharpen Video
- Fix Bad Quality Videos
- Increase Video Resolution
- Convert Videos to 4K
- Upscale Anime Videos to 4K
Enhance Image Quality
- Fix Blurry Pictures Online
- Make Blurrys Picture Clear
- Increase Image Resolution Online
- Remove Blur from Images
- AI Image Sharpener Online
- Topaz Gigapixel AI Alternatives
- Fix Low-resolution Photos
- Colorize Historical Photos
- Remove Noise from Photos
- AI Image Sharpener
- AI Face Retoucher
- AI Image Enlargers