Q1: Can I get free updates?
Yes. All updates are free.
You will get update remind message when there is a new version available. You can visit our Download Center to download and install the latest version.
If you install the latest version to the location you installed last time, you don't have to register again. If your change the install location, please re-register again using the original license name and code.
Q2: I noticed that you have two versions for Any Video Converter Free: V7.1.6 and V8.0.0. What's the difference between V7.1.6 and V8.0.0?
(1) V7.1.6 is an old version of Any Video Converter Free (first released on September 28, 2006, and last updated on November 16, 2021).
(2) V8.0.0 is a new program, which featured single and assembly tools including video converter, video clipper, video cropper, video merger, video downloader, and more. We will continue to add up to 60 single tools and offer you the possibility to assemble these single tools to convert, download, and edit video and audio files.
(3) If you are using V7.1.6, you can download to upgrade to V8.0.0 from here. Considering that v8.0.0 is totally different from the previous version, we keep V7.1.6 so that you can continue to use it. V7.1.6 will be offline after we add almost all the tools you need to the new program.
Q3: I do not want to get free updates information, how to do it?
If you do not want to get free updates information, please go to Options > Advanced, uncheck the option "check for new version of program when startup".
Q4: Can I upgrade my paid Any Video Converter Pro. to Any Video Converter Ultimate?
No. They are sold as different programs. However, you can buy Any Video Converter Ultimate, then contact us to request a refund of previous order of Any Video Converter Pro.. Please note this only applies to recent purchase of Any Video Converter within 30 days.
Q5: I prefer an old version, is it available?
You can download older version from the following links.
Q6: What's the difference between Any Video Converter Free (V7.1.6), Any Video Converter Pro., and Any Video Converter Ultimate?
Any Video Converter Ultimate has all the features of Any Video Converter Free (V7.1.6) and Any Video Converter Pro. Meanwhile, Any Video Converter Ultimate features the function as video recording.
Plese check out our Products Comparison for more differences.
Q7: What platform does your program support?
Our programs support the following platform: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11.
Q8: Are there Mac versions available for Any Video Converter or Any Video Converter Ultimate?
Yes, You can find Mac version of Any Video Converter or Any Video Converter Ultimate from our Download Center
Note: The Mac version of Any Video Converter Free, Any Video Converter Pro. and Any Video Converter Ultimate have been out of updates for some time, so you may encounter some compatibility issues. Our development team is working hard to develop new video converters or online tools for Mac users, please stay tuned.
9: I cannot use Any Video Converter. Every time I open it, it either says "Any Video Converter has stopped working" or crashes directly. Any solution I can try?
If Any Video Converter can't be launched or crashes or says "Any Video Converter has stopped working", you can try solutions below.
(1) In Win 7, you can turn off UAC (User Account Control) to try. Open control panel, then click "User Accounts and Family Safety" and "User Accounts", and turn UAC off.
(2) Delete the related registry items.
In Win 7, click Start, type in "regedit" in Start Search and press Enter.
Then Unfold "HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Any Video Converter Professional", right-click to delete. Then run the program or try reinstalling the problem.
(3) The problem may be caused by DEP (Data execution Prevention).
In Win 7, right click on "Computer" and click "Properties", select "advanced system settings" tab.
Then click "Settings" button in Performance section, select "Data Execution Prevention" tab, and choose the option "turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select", then click "Add" button to add the exe files.
Generally Speaking, the program locates in C:\Program files\Any Video Converter Professional\. And add VideoConvPro.exe to apply. Sometimes you may also need to add ffmpeg.exe in the same folder.
(4) In Win 7, you can try compatibility mode. Open the setup directory, normally, it's C:\Program files\Any Video Converter Professional\, right click on the VideoConvPro.exe file and click "properties", select "compatibility" tab, and check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "windows XP" and click "OK" button. Then run the program to have a try.
(5) Please try to run the program as administrator. Right-click on the execution file or its shortcut and choose "Run as administrator".